The Toolkit for Ecosystem Service Site-based Assessment (TESSA) has been compiled by Anglia Ruskin University, BirdLife International, Cambridge University (Geography and Zoology Departments), Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, Tropical Biology Association and UNEP-World Conservation Monitoring Centre. It has been designed primarily for use by conservation practitioners and those with an interest in understanding the ecosystem service consequences of land use change and biodiversity conservation at the site scale. We expect that it will be most useful for conservation purposes, scientific analysis or research. Other sectors may also find it helpful, but should bear in mind that it may not have been designed with their purpose in mind.
1. A copy of any publically available materials or publications derived in part or in whole from the use of TESSA should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and should provide appropriate acknowledgement and use the citation below:
Peh, K. S.-H., Balmford, A. P., Bradbury, R. B., Brown, C., Butchart, S. H. M., Hughes, F. M. R., Stattersfield, A. J., Thomas, D. H. L., Walpole, M.,& Birch, J. C. (2014) Toolkit for Ecosystem Service Site-based Assessment (TESSA). Version 1.2 Cambridge, UK Available at: http://tessa.tools
2. Reproduction of TESSA or products derived from it, either whole or in part, for commercial purposes is prohibited without prior written permission. This includes a) any use by, on behalf of, or to inform or assist the activities of, a commercial entity (an entity that operates 'for profit') or b) use by any non-profit entity for the purposes of revenue generation. To request permission please provide details of the organisation and type of commercial use at http://tessa.tools.
3. The recipient will only use TESSA for the purpose for which it was requested, if subsequent or different use is required the recipient must register a new request at http://tessa.tools. This allows new users to access the latest version and most updated content of TESSA.
4. The recipient will not pass TESSA on to third parties and will direct all third-party requests to http://tessa.tools.
5. The recipient will not publish TESSA, either whole or in part, on a website, FTP site, CD, memory stick or any other media. The recipient should provide a link, where appropriate, to http://tessa.tools.
6. Use of TESSA does not constitute endorsement of any derived products, reports or analyses by any of the organisations involved in its compilation (see list above). The logos of these organisations must not be used on any derived products, reports or analyses, or supporting materials, without express permission.
7. The compilers of TESSA reserve the right to comment on the accuracy of representation of the data in material produced by a recipient.
The compilers of TESSA make no warranties or representations, express or implied, regarding the use of TESSA by other individuals or organisations. Neither the individual staff/organisations nor their affiliated or related entities shall be responsible or liable to any person, firm or corporation for any loss, damage, injury, claim or liability of any kind or character based on or resulting from any information contained in the TESSA. TESSA may be updated or changed at any time without notice; however, no commitment is made for such updating.
Errors and omissions
Suggestions for improvement or notification of errors or omissions are welcomed, so that they can be considered in future versions. Please email email@example.com
The Toolkit for Ecosystem Service Site-based Assessment (TESSA) has been compiled by the following organisations
The development of TESSA was supported by the following organisations